Monday, September 8, 2008

A year and a day

This is the first anniversary of my mother's death. I miss her.

The fairy tale phrase "a year and a day" comes from the Celt's habit of measuring the calender by the moon and then squaring it with the solar calender. 13 moon cycles *28 days long=364 days+ one day for the Sun God=365 Every four years throw in an extra day to account for the extra 1/4 day. Damn fine astronomers.

But since last year was leap year by our common calender, it really is a year and a day.

Whatever way you count it, I miss her.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking of you today, and always.

Ceredwyn said...

(snif) Thank you.

Bryan Alexander said...

Love you.

Anonymous said...

I do have to figure out when I can visit you lot again. I miss seasons.

Anonymous said...

If I send you a free copy of my Lyme disease book, http://www.defeatlyme.com , will you review it on your blog and post a link in a blog post to the website?

Thanks

Bryan Rosner

theskyking@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I was sorry to hear about her loss. I liked her a lot!