Friday, January 12, 2007

More progress

I walked four miles again today. Yay me!

I have to bring up another symptom. Something called exercise intolerance. This is when one can exercise, but feels completely wiped out for the rest of the day and most of the next. When I flare up, this is a real problem. It makes it way easy to get into a cycle of deconditioning. One feels pretty cruddy to start with, then any activity just destroys one. Your motivation for keeping in any kind of shape just isn't there.

Its very frustrating

Last summer I handled it by going for easy walks for 20 minutes or so when I could. As I said in an earlier post, I had a pretty rough spring and summer.

I'm really please with the fact that four miles is becoming a regular thing (so are the animals) and that it really is getting easier. Right now I feel tired and my knees, hips and hands are quite sore, but I don't have that run-over-by-a-truck tiredness that comes with the exercise intolerance.

Again, Yay me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can understand knees and hips being sore from walking, but hands?

Ceredwyn said...

Yeah, it is a little odd huh?

It happens that for some reason when I get pain in my hips and knees, its not uncommon for my hand to be sore and swollen too. Perhaps its an inflammatory reaction?

Maybe there's someone reading this who could hazard a guess? It generally gets better if I take Iburpofen.

Unknown said...

Yeah, inflammation, plus aggravation from the cold would be my guess.