Monday, January 8, 2007

Training update

I'm walking about four miles a day at least five times a week and I've lost five lbs. My Lyme symptoms are pretty good. Apart from the knee and hip pain, I'm feeling pretty good. Haven't started PT yet, mostly 'cause the whirl of holiday stuff has prevented me from making the appt. Plus the whole dental saga just continues. I only have a week left on the antibiotics tho'

My dog is very appreciative of the long walks, even when we take the goat. The goat and the dog have become friendly toward one another. However, I absolutely CANNOT let the dog see me taking the goat for a walk without her. I made this mistake over the weekend--my husband and children tell me that the dog spent the whole hour I was gone wailing and whimpering, "She left me! My mama left me! To walk the goat!" In dog, of course. Imagine, a solid hour of "arrrrooooo. Whiiiiiiiine. Rrrrrrfff". The dog forgave me much more quickly than my family did.

1 comment:

Bryan Alexander said...

More like an hour of OOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
AIEIEIEIEEIEIIEEIAIAIAIAIAIAEEEE!
(pounding on door)
(pounding on floor)
WHOOOO! WHOOOO! WHOOOO! WHOOOO! WHOOOO!

"She's gone! she's gone! why! come back! omg! maaaaamaaaaaaaaa!"

We humans held back with the cats on this one.