Thursday, April 5, 2007

Hair

Its bad when taking a shower seems like a lot of effort.

I'm sitting hear feeling like I have to save my energy. In an hour I have to pick up my daughter and drive her to her singing group. My hair is tangled and getting on my nerves, but the idea of actually doing something about it seems like it would just be a huge hassle.

Years ago it was very long and I cut it quite short because taking care of it while I was sick was too much. I'm considering it again. I'm not particularly vain and I hate getting my hair cut in general. I color it when the grey starts to show but otherwise I pin it back to keep it out of my way, but there's always something symbolic about big changes in hair.

Have to think on this and meanwhile I better do something about my hair before I go out in public.

1 comment:

your friend the nurse said...

In our family, at least the blood relatives, not the guy I'm related to by injection, changes in hair style are usually indicative of changes in mood and being. Mohawks, purple streaks, bright yellow hues, red hair. It all has significance. You'll figure out what you need to do. Necessity is the mother of invention. And what a Mother she is.