Monday, May 28, 2007

Feeling human again

So here I am at the feeling better part of this pattern. My chest is still sore, but its no longer agony and my painkillers are taking care of that. I can actually skip the nighttime dose without waking up...Which is good 'cause Vicoden gives me some seriously funky dreams. So rather than 4-5/day, I'm only taking 2-3. And rather than 600mg of ibuprofen every 6 hrs, I only take 200mg. Hooray! My liver and kidneys do a happy dance

If the pattern holds true, I should have about 4-7 days of feeling relatively well (if frustrated by my lack of energy).

Hubby is away in North Africa. I went to the food Co-op before he left and filled up on relatively healthy frozen food. I realized that we were eating out waaay to much. Enough that it is adversely impacting our budget. My brain woke up enough to realize that if I bought the designer frozen food that the local equivalent of Whole Paycheck sells, we'd still save money and I wouldn't have to actually cook. And my children can actually eat something other than junk. It seems to be a good compromise.

Cleaned my kitchen yesterday. Hooray! I even managed to mop my disgusting floor.

3 comments:

Courtney said...

even the littlest of achievements that many take for granted we find joy. ugh!

Bryan Alexander said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better. Be home soon.

your friend the nurse said...

I admire you're perseverance. When I'm feeling better we'll have some meals for you. I'm feeling a glimmer of hope after today's afternoon nap and the knowledge that I'm off my meds.