Thursday, May 17, 2007

A subtle pattern begins to emerge

By logging my symptoms, I've started to notice that I do have a pattern to them. The day after I take the every 48hour medication, I feel more tired and achy. I also have a longer pattern that seems to go about every thirty days or so. I go thru a couple of days (maybe as much as a week) where I feel relatively human, then I get the weeps with joint pain , then I get some new and interesting scary symptom. Usually chest pain of some variety.

I slept badly last night because I was having an asthma attack and I was all out of albuterol. It wasn't serious, so hot water and breathing thru my nose worked for it. I refilled my inhalor rx. Now I have a vague ache in my back up high in the vicinity of my right lung. I'm also breathing hard climbing stairs.. I'll go see my doc tomorrow.

Its reassuring that there's some predictability to these symptoms, but I really could do without the chest pain thing.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

yeah i'm noticint patterns too as this thing continues to seemingly get worse

Bryan Alexander said...

I've definitely seen the two-day arc.

It's been about 30 days since your chest wall thing - um, should we tell Jeff?

Miss you! Home soon.

your friend the nurse said...

I'm glad you went to tell Jeff. You'll get through this. The crystals say so.

mythago said...

This is probably not something you want to do at 3 a.m. unless you're planning on being up anyway, but I find that strong coffee helps with the breathing.t4a9c6it2u0s