Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Doctor visit

Hubby came with me to see DR yesterday. Appointment went pretty well. I'm on the highest dose of the current antibiotic in this protocol and it looks like I'll go to the next phase in June (which would actually be about two months early).

Got into a conversation about wether I was able to ask for help. I said "yes" while hubby sat beside me shaking his head "no". Sigh. Okay, how about "I'm a lot better than I used to be". There was also some discussion about how much I minimize--DR asked me how I was doing and I said "better" and Hubby started talking about how dreadfully I'm doing.

Well, I guess when I said "better", I meant "I can get out of bed most days for 5 or 6 hours at a time before I have to nap" and "I'm only taking 3 Vicoden a day, down from 4". I did give DR my symptom charts that I've been trying to keep which give a better idea of how I'm doing.

DR said I ought to give my friends around here a call to help me out. Hubby made the comment that it was hard for me to do because I am both shy and macho. I think that DR knew the macho part but was, perhaps, surprised by the shy part. I just hate to bother people.

I'm really missing my hiking. Perhaps I can go hiking at night now that the weather's better. I feel a deep homesickness for the woods.

3 comments:

Bryan Alexander said...

I was definitely playing the heavy. One has to, with such a strong wife!

Do you feel up to walks after the sun sets?

Anonymous said...

Shy? Shy?!

Does your husband force you to talk to other people? I think not. Hrumph.

Bryan Alexander said...

Sometimes I do.

Said hubby misses his wife.