Monday, March 5, 2007

Sad

I'm depressed and rather lonely.

Not because I'm alone mind you. I have terrific social support in the form of friends and family, but I've got that old feeling of having my body seemingly turn against me. Its very isolating. We all struggle with the idea that ours is a culture built around health and youth. We all struggle with the fact that we're all going to grow old and decrepit (if we're lucky) in that culture. Sadly I feel like I've been dealing with it all my adult life and that makes me feel isolated. I have these moments in my life where I become aware of what I've missed. Most days I try to be philosophical about it. Experience deepens the soul etc etc. This morning I just feel depressed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nothing like another fucking growth opportunity, eh?

Ceredwyn said...

Can I just have a vacation from all these growth opportunities?